Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SITE ASSIGNMENT and FOTOS!

1. There are pictures posted on my facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=674540727880&id=6900939&aid=2258325
I think you should be able to just click on this and check them out. If not let me know! I will start adding photos to my blog as soon as I can!
2. SITE ASSIGNMENT! I´m going to CORINTO, CHINANDEGA! Corinto is located on the northwest coast of Nica-it´s the only deep water port city in Nicaragua. My next 2 years will be spent eating lots of seafood (there´s a huge Seafood Festival here at the end of April beginning of May every year!), biking (apparently everyone bikes everywhere there), playing soccer-on the beach, on fields, pavement etc...big sports city!, working with youth-huge focus on youth work-with youth groups, in schools, youth health promoters and I have no idea what else. Friday/Saturday-we head to our sites for a site visit for a week, when I will meet my Nicaraguan counterpart (boss), my next host family, neighboring volunteers and will get to explore my new home!
I´ve already been at the internet cafe for 2 1/2 hours uploading photos, so I promise to write a lot more when I return from my site visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment