Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Interesting Happenings, Thoughts and Explanations

1. Marango- a very nutritious plant that can grow very very tall when not cut. The leaves can be added to any meal to boost up the amount of nutrients you are eating. We grow this at the comedor and use it in most of our meals.

2. Some Current Enemies of Mine- flies, small pesky bugs, too much oil, salt and sugar, cockroaches, the Yankees, rats

3. Breast Milk- there is a lot you can say about breast milk and the importance of breastfeeding…unfortunately I was not trained on this. Because of my so-called artistic ability, I have been recruited to make a large poster highlighting why new mothers should breast feed. While talking to a “wise” friend of mine about this, his response was, “well…you have breasts…”-like that somehow makes me a breastfeeding expert. Although he is right, mine have never been used to feed anyone, therefore I will have to rely on books to give me this information.

4. Apparently I have had a cough and a congested head for the past week because I walked in the rain once without a jacket and in flip flops.

5. There is a Sherwin Williams here in Chinandega! I’m thinking a nice lilac will be a good way to brighten up my new home.

6. We have 3 computers in the Casa y Clinica-they are all broken.

7. Tuani/Salvaje- both really awesome and fun words to say that mean “cool”

8. There is no real translation to Spanish for the word awkward…many times I have wanted to use that word.

9. Whoever said that the winter/rainy season here would be much cooler…you have obviously never been to Corinto.

10. Go BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment