Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Quick Update

I hope you all had a fantastically full Thanksgiving filled with the important holiday F's- family, fun, friends, football, fall foliage, french fried onions and fturkey (turkey spelled with an F to make it fit into my F list). I will write soon with an update on my first ever Thanksgiving away from home-the similarities and the many differences between the celebrations.
I will give you a couple of things that happened during my fantastic thanksgiving weekend: massive water balloon war with some high school students (we got beat...badly), beach, chilled white wine drunk while watching the fishing boats pull in and out of the harbor underneath a sun setting sky, football and friends and a beautifully cooked turkey.

Today is a beautiful November day here in Corinto, being spent at work preparing for the many events we have going on this week and preparing for a visit from some friendly good looking friends. Today and tomorrow we are hosting more Movie Nights, focusing on the theme of HIV, since Thursday is World AIDS Day(WAD). Thursday we will be "running" a "marathon" in honor of WAD. You may have noticed that there are quotation marks around both of those words. People keep saying that we will be running, but I'm pretty sure it'll be closer to a slow jog or walk (I'll wear my gym clothes and stretch out ahead of time just in case). And by marathon I mean take that 26.2 miles and subtract 24 of them. That will leave you with a 2 mile ish marathon. Apparently there is a WAD march done from El Salvador to Nicaragua (pretty salvaje if you ask me) and we will be participating in the end part of that. Photos and more info to come next week.
Friendly good looking friends (well one of them is good looking...sorry scott you didn't quite make the cut...you are friendly though.)-Alyson and Scott- will be traveling to Nica to visit! My first visitors from home. I am overly excited to see them and for them to see where and how I'm living here. We have a couple of small trips planned in order to see some of Nica and will spend a few days in my site as well. Also more good looking stories and photos to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment