Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Series of Haikus (inspired by Lindsey Leslie and Lauren Spiegel-haiku masters)

The clients line up

I sit spying on my stoop

Front row for the show


The smoke drifts closer

Prompting me to rise up

And place my order


Pollo Asado

Tejadas con Repollo

Y Gallo Pinto


As I sit and eat

Strange piropos fill my ears

What did you call me?


Baby, I love you

Chelita, Gringa, White girl

That is not my name


On bicycles ride

Legs like grasshoppers they fly

Faster and faster


Too fast to catch them

Instead, I focus on me

Life is fantastic


These sights pass by me

On the streets of Corinto

2 years: this is home

2 comments:

  1. dear katelina,/ your style truly makes me smile./ when will i see you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola lorena/i so wish you lived closer/maybe december?

    ReplyDelete