Sunday, October 30, 2011

A New Me






In the 9 months that I have been here in Nicaragua, I have learned a lot. Some of the things listed below are skills that I have acquired, while others are just things that I have gotten used to. Some are helpful skills that I will be able to continue to use when back in the states and some are pretty much just relevant to being here!

-Killing Cockroaches (well…almost)

-Watching Boston sports via the score updates on the bottom of ESPN (They have played all of the Pats games though on live TV!)

-Bathing using the bucket bath method

-Waiting more than an hour for a meeting to start

-Riding a bike in 2 inch white leather-looking heels

-Wearing 2 inch white leather heels and feeling okay with it


-Commanding a room of anywhere from 5 to 80 people...in Spanish...usually I talk about sex.

-Cooking on a one burner camp stove-recent cooking triumph: vegetable soup (which is called Stone Soup here) and tabouli.

-Dancing (I’m still perfecting my salsa and bachata, but I’m getting there.)


No comments:

Post a Comment