Saturday, January 28, 2012

Awkward Gringa Strikes Again!

This time on my bike! I was riding back to my house to grab a couple of things, following a triciclo (pedi cab), when I notice that the triciclero had dropped his shirt. I picked it up, wanting to help him out and rode my bike over to hand it back to him. You might think that the cabby would stop his bike cab in order to more easily receive his shirt. You thought wrong. He kept going. My job now was maintain my balance, continue to ride alongside the bike cab with one hand and pass him the shirt. I was doing well until I actually leaned over a bit to give him the shirt...my bike followed my lean and I ran right into the bike cab. The bike cab continued to ride away carrying his passengers to wherever they were going, while I continued to fall....in the middle of the street. And again, no one helped me. Don't get me wrong Nicaraguans are very very caring people, but for some reason when someone has a mishap in the middle of the street they do not care. They do stare, but they make no moves to help. The only person who made a reaction was this really drunk man who kept yelling to me, "Get up! Get up! You're in the middle of the street. Get up!" So helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment