Monday, November 9, 2009

Peace Corps

So I have been officially applying to the Peace Corps for about 2 years now...It's not that I am putting off going or that I do not want to go; I am just waiting for the right time. I feel like I would rather have a couple years of experience and a year or two of grad school under my belt before I go so I am more prepared (if that is even possible). You cannot really be prepared for everything that will happen during the Peace Corps. I just feel like I really want to make the most of my time there- I would like to actually make a difference. I am nervous that I will go back to visit my host site 5-10 years later and everything will be the way it was before I arrived. I guess according to "Turning Stones", I changed their world just by being there...everywhere I go that place is a little different because I was there. As long as I turn one stone- as long as I help one person, then I made a difference.
5 year plan:

Grad School: MPH/Master's International PC program- concentration in International Health/Maternal and Women's Health with a specialization in HIV/AIDS
Peace Corps: somewhere Spanish speaking doing something health related

that's basically it for now...after that, we shall see what comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment