Sunday, January 9, 2011

Packed!

I have done laundry, folded, rolled, packed, weighed, unpacked, repacked, more laundry, more unpacking and repacking...until I finally ended up with 1 rolling duffle, 1 large backpacking backpack and 1 small carry on, totaling 78 lbs. I have packed things that seem normal-t shirts, socks, camera, towel...then I also have things that sound like I'm going to live on an island totally out of touch from society-shortwave radio, compass, hand powered flashlight, swiss army knife. The crazy thing is that in life I feel like I usually know what to expect-to a point. We cannot predict what exactly what will happen everyday, but we have an idea since we have gone through the same steps before. With Peace Corps and going to Nicaragua, I have no idea what to expect. PC sent us an agenda, but you cannot really get a feel for exactly how it will all go down. And that is something that I just need to be patient and wait for.
So hopefully the fact that I do not know exactly how to use a compass or a machete yet will not come into play in my survival...but more so the pictures, books and small reminders of home will power me through any tough times I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment