Sunday, October 7, 2012

New House!


This awkward gringa has moved yet again, finding a new neighborhood to terrorize with her awkwardness and her gringa-ness. The owners of my other house decided to make the space that I was renting out into an office, so I had to move. I ended up finding a more expensive, but nice place 3 blocks away from my old house. This new place has a lot of pros and cons to it, but overall I’m happy!

Pros:
-Bigger-I don’t have to share the kitchen, living room and changing area-they all have their own spaces
-I have a separate area to wash my clothing so I don’t have to do it in the shower anymore
-Nice sea foam green color (sea foam green sounds better than mold green right?)
-HUGE backyard with mango tree, chile pepper plant and space to run and play
-My backyard also comes with fun little iguanas that like to climb the metal poles and play hide and seek
-No drunk men yelling vulgarities at me when I enter my house
-Neighbors are extremely friendly-I’ve already been regalared cake, a picture of a saint, a pair of wooden prayer beads, some candy and I’ve been promised a fish (to cook, not as a pet)! My neighbors have totally welcomed me into the neighborhood and I now have my bean and cheese lady, my coconut bread man, my fruit lady and my friendly neighborhood fritanga (street food) friend.

Cons:
-My street is used as a cut through for all of the 18 wheeler trucks. They leave the warehouses and pass by my house starting at 5 in the morning and go until midnight. The noise that trucks make is such an obnoxious noise.
-I have cockroaches and mice…ugh.
-The first 5 days I was allergic to something in my house, but it seems to be gone now…we shall see.
-More expensive










1 comment:

  1. That is exciting! Not too excited about the whole cochroaches and mice thing but can't wait to see it none the less! Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete