Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rainbows in Nica

I´ve had many "I cannot believe that I am in Nicaragua" moments since I´ve been here...this one by far takes the prize as Top Moment (at least of this week). We had just gotten out of Spanish class, so I went home to change into soccer clothing per usual this is my favorite after class activity (side note-I have acquired the nickname of Chinelita (little flip flop) because I played soccer in flip flops once...it makes me really happy to hear people I dont even know calling me this!). Anyway, I went next door to see if Nico wanted to come play with my host sister, Giselle, and me, but unfortunately he was busy. Giselle and I walked to the soccer field, talking about life and spanish. When we get to the field, all of the spaces to play already had lots of people playing, so we decided to talk it easy and just watch. As we are talking a tiny piece of a rainbow starts to form...we talk about how beautiful it is and lucky it would be to see a fully developed rainbow-both of us had only seen this once before in our lives. As we are talking about how lucky this is, the colors start to get brighter as the rainbow grows. At this moment, Id be happy with only this small part of the rainbow, but it keeps growing. I have this moment as we sit there in the light rain, watching the rainbow develop into a full arc-I am in Nicaragua, talking about life and about this rainbow in Spanish. I am actually here, finally. I just felt so lucky, other than the fact that I did not have my camera, but I seriously will remember that day forever.

3 comments:

  1. so i hope you got a picture of the rainbow-we have tons of pictures of snow for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) you'll have many more to come!

    ReplyDelete